Sand and cement screeds are soft, subject to moisture ingress, and are quickly destroyed if they are subjected to chemical ingress, mould, bacteria, or adverse temperatures. Resin based screeds are 100% solids epoxy resin combined with graded and kiln dried aggregates to create an impervious, chemical resistant screed that will give a much longer lifespan to the flooring installed.
Resin screeds bond directly to the substrate, thereby creating a “waterproof seal” from the substrate through to finished floor – giving you peace of mind, a higher level of hygiene, and greater longevity.
Resin screeds can be used to level out uneven floors, or to create specific gradients to create a fall for liquids to passage to the floorwastes.
Levelling Screeds / Pump Screeds
HAWK CFC carries a range of resin modified cementitious pump-screed materials for levelling of floors. These pre-bagged levelling screeds flow to find the correct level and can be applied at varying thicknesses.
Reasons to use a self-leveling screed:
- To smooth out high points or low points.
- High points can be created from concrete spills, contamination or just an uneven surface from the original pour.
- Low points can be fretting, divots, holes and damage
- To raise or lower the height of the concrete floor to accommodate fitting, adjoining surfaces or new floor materials.
- To create falls in the slab for waterproofing purposes or to direct water or liquids to drains or run-offs.
- To correct poorly leveled concrete slabs where sections have pooling water or uneven surfaces
What’s the Process?
- Concrete Preparation: Diamond grinding the surface to remove high points and then working the surface down until the desired reduced height is received.
- Micro Self-levelling materials such as epoxy resins to consolidate surfaces and provide a smooth, impervious, easy to clean surface.
- Feather-finishing – 0-1mm to fill in micro holes or pores to provide a smooth, finished surface.
- Medium range self-level systems – 2mm to 15mm to smooth and level concrete flooring with valleys and hills
- High depth self-level systems – 15mm to 50mm to raise sections of concrete to match surrounding heights.
The advantages of using screed systems include:
– The ability to specify exact flooring heights
– The ability to modify the colour of your floor
– Increasing the strength and serviceability properties of your floor
– Decorative options to choose from
– Impervious and food-grade systems available
– Create a level surface – reduced valleys and high points