Affordable Concrete Resurfacing
Resurfacing Systems to Level, Smooth, Repair, and Protect The Floors
Concrete Resurfacing is a fast growing industry, with commercial factories, warehouses, kitchens, retail businesses relying upon a serviceable, functional and attractive floor to conduct their operations and to keep staff and clients safe. Increasing health and safety requirements has placed increasing pressure on companies to ensure their flooring is in good condition.
We specialise in finding the right solutions for your flooring environment. Taking into account the type of traffic and use your floor needs to withstand, and budgetary restrictions, we look for permanent solutions so you don’t need to re-do the floor on a regular basis – saving you money, and, more importantly future down-time.
Restoring, Decorating, & Protecting Your Floor
When speaking about concrete resurfacing, the term can refer to any of the following processes:
1) Resurfacing the slab that is in poor condition. This is a remedial action to improve a surface that has holes, cracks, pitting, fretting, or staining. The surface is suitably prepared, followed by a screed, self-level cement, epoxy mortar, or trowel applied resurfacing mortar.
Resurfacing of large, commercial or industrial floors is accomplished via projection machinery, such as a grout pump. The benefit of pump application is the massive area volume that can be installed per day. Many floors can be completed in a single day, and there are materials with a 24 hour return to service.
Some floors may require a high strength patch repair mortar to reinstate gouges or missing surface. These materials are trowel applied, extremely hard and can cure in a matter of hours.
2) Concrete resurfacing to modify performance characteristics. Commercial facilities often require specific levels of resistance to:
- Heavy vehicle traffic
- High foot traffic
- Chemical spills
- Extremes in temperatures
- Oils and other liquids causing slip hazards
- Creating falls to waste-drains
- Levelling the slab
- Lifting the height and level of the floor
There is a range of solutions to achieve these goals using floor refinishes including resin based, cement based, and water based systems.
3) Concrete resurfacing systems to improve aesthetic appeal. Renovating your floor can transform any area, and impact majorly on the mood and feel of the work environment. While an old, dirty floor can make the whole space appear tired, a new, modern flooring system that is easy to keep clean can be an investment that improves your corporate image and helps with team morale.
For more information and pricing contact us.